Fees and Insurance
at the San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy
Our fees at the SFBACCT are comparable to those of other highly skilled clinicians in the San Francisco Bay Area who specialize in the treatment of anxiety disorders, OCD, and other emotional and behavioral problems.
Please note that we do not take payments directly from insurance companies. However, our services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement as part of your out-of-network benefits. To facilitate out-of-network claims, we will provide you with a monthly Superbill that includes all the information necessary to submit for reimbursement to your insurance company.
To learn more about your out-of-network coverage for psychotherapy, contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- How much coverage is available for out-of-network providers? For example, does the insurance company reimburse the full fee or a portion of the full fee?
- What is the deductible (the amount you must pay first before you are eligible for reimbursement of fees)?
- Does the insurance company limit the total number of visits or sessions per calendar year? If yes, what is the total number of sessions per calendar year?
- Does the insurance company limit the total amount reimbursed per session? If so, ask how much they reimburse for the following CPT Codes, otherwise known as a procedure codes:
- 90791 (first evaluation or consultation appointment)
- 90834 (typical 45-minute session)
- 90837 (an extended session of 60-minutes; note that many companies will not reimburse this code).