Fees and Insurance
at the San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy
Our fees at the SFBACCT range from $200 to $250. Please note that we do not take payments directly from insurance companies. However, our services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement as part of your out-of-network benefits. To facilitate out-of-network claims, we will provide you with a monthly Superbill that includes all the information necessary to submit for reimbursement to your insurance company.
To learn more about your out-of-network coverage for psychotherapy, contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- How much coverage is available for out-of-network providers? For example, does the insurance company reimburse the full fee or a portion of the full fee?
- What is the deductible (the amount you must pay first before you are eligible for reimbursement of fees)?
- Does the insurance company limit the total number of visits or sessions per calendar year? If yes, what is the total number of sessions per calendar year?
- Does the insurance company limit the total amount reimbursed per session? If so, ask how much they reimburse for the following CPT Codes, otherwise known as a procedure codes:
- 90791 (first evaluation or consultation appointment)
- 90834 (typical 45-minute session)
- 90837 (an extended session of 60-minutes; note that many companies will not reimburse this code).